After 20 years, BrandStar had finally run out of work space for their employees. The inefficient use of their current building square footage led to employees being siloed, which led to poor communication. So, they purchased the 11K sq. ft. building next door and hired acclaimed interior designer Kalyn Rothaus. Her challenge was to use innovative design concepts and technology to create a productive and collaborative work environment in a smaller footprint.
Kalyn’s next challenge is to renovate the company’s studio production building while the creative team of employees are still occupying the space. She also must turn warehouse space into “functional and fabulous” office space for 50 additional employees. Her goal is to create a work environment that encourages creativity, collaboration and communication. All this has to be done in 90 days!
Kalyn’s plan will require a construction method that is…
- Pre-engineered and pre-fabricated off-site (Superior quality in a shorter time)
- Easily and rapidly assembled (Meet timeline)
- Installed while workplace is occupied (No downtime)
- Reconfigurable, relocatable, reusable (Future growth)
Kalyn tells the story - Part 1
Kalyn tells the story - Part 2
The Critical Factors
- A creative and functional office space that promotes collaboration in a smaller footprint.
- Prefabricated offsite. Building is occupied, no space to for construction onsite.
- Able to be assembled in a working environment, minimal disruption, no downtime.
- Supports growth and future expansion without losing initial investment.
- Researched modular construction companies, chose Allied because of our capabilities and commitment to the project plan.
- Met with the Allied team, discussed best ideas and layouts.
- Allied provided a 3D, virtual walkthrough which helped Kalyn and the BrandStar team visualize their future offices and make design decisions and changes prior to fabrication.
- Because of the tight project time frame, virtually no downtime and the company’s “go green attitude, quick turnaround in manufacturing and installation and willingness to work with Kalyn… to design a space that was really right for the end user.” Kalyn and the BrandStar team chose Allied Modular.